Leafield Environmental Ltd is an environmentally conscious company and as such we acknowledge the potential environmental impact that our operations may have on the environment. Our activities which take place on our Corsham site include: the design and manufacture of innovative, technologically advanced recycling, litter control, highways safety, agricultural and ruggedised case solutions and other items supplied by Leafield Environmental or under the trading name of Paxton and associated business administration.
Senior management endorses this policy and ensures it is compatible with the context and strategic direction of the company. Senior management in co-ordination with the Environmental Management Representative are accountable for the effectiveness of the environmental management system (EMS) and are responsible for ensuring that it is communicated, understood, implemented and maintained at all levels within the company and ultimately, that it achieves its intended outcomes.
Senior management promotes and is committed to continual improvement of the EMS to enhance environmental performance. This is facilitated through the setting of documented environmental objectives based on our significant environmental aspects, compliance obligations and considering our risks and opportunities. Objectives are set and maintained as part of the EMS internal auditing, monitoring and management review processes. The results of which are communicated to interested parties, where appropriate.
Senior management is committed to ensuring that the company:
- Complies with all compliance obligations, where these relate to our environmental aspects.
- Provides employees and others with the resources needed for the EMS, commensurate with their role.
- Maintains registration BS EN ISO 14001:2004 while transitioning to BS EN ISO 14001:2015.
- Strives to integrate the EMS into all business processes.
- Protects the environment, prevents pollution and meets other specific relevant commitment(s).
- Minimises waste to landfill by segregating and recycling where economically and operationally feasible.
- Uses energy, water, materials, transport and other natural resources as efficiently as possible, giving regard to the long-term sustainability of consumable items.
- Ensures that the environment is considered in the procurement of goods and services.
- Gives appropriate consideration for the environment in the goods and services we provide to customers.
- Works with interested parties to encourage commitment and improvement in our local environment.
This policy will be communicated to all employees and organisations working for or on behalf.
Employees and other organisations are expected to co-operate and assist in the implementation of this policy, whilst ensuring that their own work, so far as is reasonably practicable, is carried out without risk to themselves, others, or the environment.
This policy will be reviewed periodically by top management and where necessary will be amended and re-issued. This policy statement is available to interested parties, upon reasonable request.